8 medium prawns
15 mins (Prep: 5 mins. Cook: 10 mins)
8 medium prawns, shell-on
1 red onion, quartered (or 1 spring onion, the leafier type – diced)
1/2 green pepper, chopped
Thumbnail-sized ginger, finely chopped (or 1.5 tsp ginger sauce)
1/2 chili, finely chopped
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce (or fish sauce)
1. Heat olive oil in pan. Fry onion
2. Fry ginger and chili over medium heat for 1 min.
3. Add onion and red pepper and fry for 1 min.
4. Add prawns and toss 3-4 mins over high heat until pink
5. Add oyster sauce and soya sauce, turn heat to low, and cover and cook another 3 mins.
– Shell-on prawns take longer to cook. Shelled ones maybe a minute less.
– Mom gave me grief for leaving the prawn legs and antenna on. Snip these off with scissors.