4 chunky wedges
40 mins (Prep: 10 mins. Bake: 30 mins)
1/2 cabbage, cut into 4 wedges, core intact
Coarse black pepper
Red chilli flakes
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Line the oven tray with a sheet of foil. Fold up the edges of the foil (cabbages produce water while roasting) and lightly brush the surface with olive oil.
3. Arrange the wedges on the foil and brush the tops with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle coarse salt, pepper and red chilli flakes. (Optional: Drape bacon strips over and omit lemon juice at the end)
4. Pop into oven for 30 min, flipping the wedges at the 15-min mark. Cabbages should be brown at the edges; if not, roast for another 5 mins.
5. Squeeze lemon over before serving.
– Salt cautiously. I OD-ed on the sodium on my first attempt and my tongue shriveled like a raisin in the sun.
– Keep the core of the cabbage intact so the leaves don’t fall apart.