18 medium prawns (serves 2)
22 mins (Prep: 10 mins. Cook: 12 mins)
18 medium prawns, shelled (300g?)
3 tbsp light soya sauce
1.5 tsp sugar
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
3 garlic cloves, diced
4 sprigs parsley (remove stems)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Preheat oven at 180°C.
2. Wash prawns and pat dry.
3. Line baking tray with foil and arrange prawns.
4. Dice garlic cloves and roughly chop parsley leaves. Pound together with black pepper.
5. Heat oil in a small frying pan.
6. Add the pounded ingredients and stir-fry until garlic starts to turn slightly brown.
7. Stir in the soya sauce and sugar, ensuring the garlic does not burn. Stir quickly for 1 min.
8. Spoon the garlic mixture over the prawns and bake for 12 mins or till the shells turn bright red.
9. Remove from oven and drizzle sesame oil.
Thaw frozen prawns by sealing in a plastic bag and submerging in cool water for 30 mins. To hasten the process, open the bag after 15 mins and remove any ice crusting the prawns. Change the water and resume soaking until prawns are springy to the touch.