Smoothest. Eggs. Ever. And so easy to make!
Sorry about the radioactive shade of yellow. The original photograph turned out too dark and I tried brightening it using Photoshop (the operative word being ‘tried’).
3 small eggs
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp crème fraîche
Coarse sea salt
Coarse black pepper
1. Break the eggs into a saucepan and place on the lowest heat possible. Add half the butter. Using a spatula, stir the eggs continuously to mix the butter and eggs.
2. As the egg mixture begins to set, add the remaining butter. Continue stirring and — this is KEY — keep moving the saucepan off and back on the heat. This process should take 4-5 mins.
3. Add the crème fraîche, salt and pepper at the last minute. Stir a couple times more — the mixture should still be wet, soft and quite lumpy at this point.
4. Move the eggs onto a plate. Sprinkle parsley and serve.
– Keep the heat low all the time, and keep stirring the egg.
– It’s fine if the eggs are runny; they will continue cooking even when plated.